Tuesday, March 25, 2008

New York follow-up

I haven't been posting enough lately, but thought I would share the following. I'm a happy camper about this one. I won the Audience Award at NYICFF for the 8-14 year old category!!
Oh ya...and last week a Mack truck ran a red light, and t-boned my car. Oddly enough the car is gone but I am not!? This makes me even more of a happy camper!!!!

NEW YORK INT’L CHILDREN’S FILM FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES 2008 AWARD WINNERS AT NYICFF AWARDS “BEST OF THE FEST”
CLOSING NIGHT GALA

Presented March 16, 2008 at the DGA Theater
2008 Awards Host: Adam Gopnik
2008 Jury: Susan Sarandon, Gus Van Sant, James Schamus, Matthew Modine, Evan Shapiro, Rob Minkoff, Adam Gopnik,
NYICFF 2008 Winners:
NYICFF Grand Prize - Knuffle Bunny, Maciek Albrecht/Mo Willems, USA
NYICFF Jury Award – Paradise, Jesse Rosensweet, Canada
Audience Awards
Ages 3-6 – Knuffle Bunny, Maciek Albrecht/Mo Willems, USA
Ages 5-10 – Crank Balls, Devin Bell, USA & Zhiharka, Oleg Uzinov, Russia
Ages 8-14 – Black & White, Jon Izen, Canada
Ages 12-18 – Wolf Daddy, Chang Hyung-Yun, South Korea
Parents’ Choice – Knuffle Bunny, Maciek Albrecht/Mo Willems, USA

8 comments:

darren-s said...

Congrats mr i.

Darin said...

Wow, I glad you are OK

and congrats Too

Mo said...

J-

Your flicks were the stars of the show. Willems clan loves 'em.

Mo

geenpool said...

awesome!! congrats on the award!! and sorry 'bout the car...stoopit mack trucks...but t-bones are delicious....big fan or your work.

alex dron said...

nice one man...rockin on

Honkbarn said...

I heard that you took your seatbelt off and jumped out the sunroof at the last possible second. That's pretty impressive. Congrats on winning that award thing.

Joseph said...

You won, that's CRRRRAZZZZZZYYYYYYY!!!! Congratulations, all the best!

jon izen said...

Hey folks - Thanks for all the kind words. I am blushing...either that or my cheeks are red due to impacted molars :( (kidding...I am blushing...I have false teeth, so the molar gag is off the mark)